On 17 April 2019 the Administration Board of Kemerovo region represented by the Firs Deputy Governor V.N. Telegin and General Director of PJSC KTK E.V. Alexeenko signed an agreement for social and economic cooperation for Y2019.
The agreement states that Public Joint Stock Company Kuzbasskaya Toplivnaya Company is planning to produce 17 million tons of coal in the current year, this sees a 9% increase compared to 2018 - 1.3 million tons (15.7 million tons in 2018). In 2019 the Company is planning to invest 2 billion 850 million RUB in the development of production, including the acquisition of the mining and conveyor equipment of 1 billion 64 million RUB.
The Company will finance social programs of the region up to 25 million RUB:
- Financing of repair works of the Municipal Educational Institution Unity Children’s Home No 5, Mezhdurechensk – 6.5 million RUB,
- Financing of socially significant regional events – 7 million RUB,
- Financial assistance of Kemerovo Regional Social Fund Mining Memory named after V.P. Romanov - 2.0 million RUB;
- Financing of a set of repair-and-restoration works on the object of Restoration of Historical and Cultural Monument of Regional Significance Salair Palace of Culture for holding festive events dedicated to the celebration of the Miner’s Day in 2019 – 11 million RUB,
The Company is also planning to take part in the realization of social events of municipal entities of Belovo, Prokopyevsk and Tashtagol districts – totaling 4.63 million. RUB:
- participation in social events of Belovo district – 2.0 million RUB,
- participation in social events of Prokopyevsk district – 2.0 million RUB,
- participation in social events of Tashtagol district – 0.63 million RUB
The tax payments into the consolidated budget of the region (including land rents) comprised 2 097 million RUB.
The Company will forward 25 million RUB to the creation of safe labour conditions at the enterprises of the Company (25 million RUB in 2018).
The Company will provide coal for public utility needs of the region at fixed prices of its own coal in the volume of 265’000 tons; the Company will also supply charitable sized coal in the volume of 3,500 tons (4.95 million rubles) for the low-income people of Kemerovo region.
In 2018 PJSC KTK fulfilled the Agreement for Social and Economic Cooperation in full. In 2018 the volume of coal production exceeded the Y2017 level by 19% (2.5 million tons) and comprised 15.7 million tons (13.2 million tons in 2017).
Contacts for press, analysts and investors:
Head of Strategic Communications Department
Tel: +7 (495) 787 68 04
PJSC Kuzbasskaya Toplivnaya Company (КТК, MICEX: KBTK) is one of the largest producers and exporters of thermal coal in Russia. Production assets of the Company include four operating and one projected open-pit mines at Vinogradovsky production cluster in Kemerovo region, two washing plants and own rail infrastructure located in one production cluster together with the mining enterprises. The Company operates a retail network in 4 regions of the Western Siberia and a wholesale network in Poland. The Company employs 5000 people. KTK shares are traded at MICEX, 33.15% of which represent free-floating shares.